Time Manipulating Through Epic Proportions ( Tenet )

 



It has been months since I had step foot in a theater and now, with discipline and social distancing heavily respected, cinemas have been open for over two months but there were never any good movies that I really wanted to watch (except Peninsula but I can live with that). I have finally returned to the comforts of a cinema to watch the one and only Tenet, one of the most anticipated movies this year due to the fact that it was delayed twice because of the Covid-19 quarantine. Now, that we finally can watch movies again, Christopher Nolan's latest mind-boggling adventure is now available to be deducted and solved. Unfortunately, since Nolan's movies are so complex and such puzzle cases, I may need to watch this movie again to understand it at its fullest. For now, without giving too much away, is my review towards Tenet. 

I can't say much except that Tenet is movie about manipulating time forwards and backwards and it does not have anything to do with Time Travel. People should really know that before heading to the big screen for this film. Even if all time travel elements are in this movie, it is still not a time travel movie and I guess Christopher Nolan is as sick any of us when it comes to Time Travel since it was heavily used in alot of movies and TV shows in the last few years. Unlike most, I don't think I am ever going to be tired of Time Travel as I am tired of vampires. Werewolves, I still have the patience for them but vampires, I have lost them forever. 

The only detail I am giving away from this movie is that "Whatever happens is meant to Happen" I am hoping I got that quote right. I was too focused by everything else happening to remember pieces of dialogue. 

Tenet is purely a scientific movie that only people who are able to understand physics?/science behind the plot. Don't worry if you're not a science enthusiast, I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed every other Nolan movie out there. I may have not understood the science in Interstellar or Inception but I love those movies anyways. Speaking of those movies, Tenet awfully is as brain fogging as those two movies but it lacks the usual heart that people have seen in those two movies. Tenet is action all the time. It's great in a way while it is not. 

John David Washington plays the protagonist and Tenet will definitely be opening doors for him in Hollywood (other than the fact that he was in Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman). Robert Pattinson further proves that he is meant to be in the golden parts of cinema and not only be remembered as the broody Edward Cullen. Also, seeing him in this film gives me more confidence on how he will be portraying the Dark Knight in Matt Reeves upcoming adaptation of Batman. Throughout the movie, you see a number of cast members that were never seen in the trailer and it was fun actually being able to recognize them. 

When all was done, all I could think about was how my brain melted the minute the movie ended and Travis Scott's latest single started playing. Tenet is the definite-must-watch-movie of the season. The movie apart from its storyline, really reminds you how fun it is to be in a movie theater. With the ability to stream movies these days, cinemas were slowly being underappreciated until the quarantine came. I guess one thing good came out of it. 

I was so happy to be back to watch this undeniable cinematic masterpiece on the big screen with brassy speakers and the taste of popcorn. And when I mentioned its all action, all the time, I was not joking. Kudos to Christopher Nolan for melting my brain once again and I do not doubt that he will do it again, and I hope, soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Overlooked, Fun Marvel Adventure (The Marvels spoiler-free review)

Loki season 2 (Full season review)

Percy Jackson and The Olympians (Full Season Review)