Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle



Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle, which came out two years ago, was the surprise hit sequel that we thought wouldn't live up to the original. Jumanji became an adventure comedy that kept you at the edge of your seat while also got you laughing your ass off. After it became an box office success, they announced they would make a sequel with Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan set to return. I was sceptical at the announcement but I was sort of right and also wrong, I guess.



Now subtitled The Next Level, our favourites return with all new adventure in a broken Jumanji but this time including old times, Danny Devito and Danny Glover while also adding the amazingly fresh Akwafina. Oh did I forget, Nick Jonas. How did I forget him? I can't spoil much because I'm afraid I might reveal too much but Jumanji's second round is fun but also a tiny bit underwhelming.



Jumanji is action packed, funny and adventurous but there were some elements that felt similar or unnecessary. Such as the humour between Danny Devito and Danny Glover, as funny as they were, there's only so much you can handle two granddads fighting, talking slowly and being unaware of technology these days. The jokes felt repetitive when it came those three things and I was little annoyed while giggling at the same time.



Everything else with this sequel was good. From The ostrich chase fun to the monkey bridge scene to the final act were awesome. Jumanji The Next Level is a popcorn flick from start to finish but it doesnt accomplish or start any problems. Or does it?



I will be rating Jumanji The Next Level a 7/10 for it was good but not great. It does not live up to its predecessor and there's a possibility they are milking out another sequel as we speak but after that, I think Jumanji should be put to rest for good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Overlooked, Fun Marvel Adventure (The Marvels spoiler-free review)

Loki season 2 (Full season review)

Percy Jackson and The Olympians (Full Season Review)